Notch’s Quality & Safety:
Quality Control Programs for
ASME Piping & Pressure Vessels
Notch Mechanical Constructors has the following Certificates of Authorization to work on ASME Vessels and Piping:
- ASME “PP” Stamp for Power Piping Fabrication & Installation
- ASME “U” Stamp for Pressure Vessel Design & Fabrication
- National Board “R” Stamp for Repair and Alteration of Boilers & Pressure Vessels
To ensure our compliance, the ASME and the National Board audit our QC program for these Certificates of Authorization at our renewal every 3 years. A major focus of the audit is our welder qualification program, per Section IX of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code. This requires that we maintain the following records:
- Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Procedure Qualification Records (PQR)
- Welder Performance Qualifications (WPQ)
All major piping codes (B31.1, B31.3, B31.9) and building codes require the same Section IX qualifications. Therefore, our QC program insures that the welders on your piping project are always qualified.
Quality Control Programs for High Purity Piping per ASME BPE
In addition to our ASME quality program, Notch has another QC program for high purity piping to ensure our installations meet or exceed the requirements of cGMP mandated biopharmaceutical facilities.